Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4 of 30

Travel by Chris Guillebeau

If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?

My list of places is long...the A's dominate the top of the list--Africa (South Africa, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Namibia), Australia, and Alaska. I do think Africa tops the list though...my mother's cousins spent some of their childhood there--in Johannesburg in the 1960s. They've been back many times. I want to visit the cities (Jo'burg, Cape Town), as well as safari/game park. I want to experience something so vastly different from my world.

How will I ensure I get there? I don't know, but I know I will. It'll take planning and saving...and hopefully someone with whom I can travel. A traveling companion is probably non-negotiable...there are a lot of things I am willing to do alone, but this is a trip that will be richer for the company, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment