Sunday, December 5, 2010

30-33

A friend of mine posted on her blog today about the significance of the age 33...about how it's often used in literature as an age of transformation and rebirth. And, of course, it is the age at which Jesus reached the end of His ministry and was crucified. I am fascinated by this observation. I'm not 33 yet...but Jesus began His public ministry at the age of 30. These three years were absolutely transformative...Jesus came into His own. He became the person He was born to be.

I'd like to think that's what's happening to me in these years. That I've recognized the divine in me, the gifts of the divine, and I'm choosing to follow those gifts, choosing to embrace and realize that part of me, choosing to be the person I was born to be.

It's a journey. For Jesus, it took Him from a stable in Bethlehem to a cross on Calvary. But it's what happened in between that inspired change. The transformation was the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment