Monday, March 15, 2010

procrastination

What are you putting off that would contribute significantly to your well being?
~Tough Question from When I Grow Up

The title says it all. I am an expert. I am a master. No matter the challenge, task, or opportunity, I will leave it until the last possible moment.

How would doing things on-time or even (*gasp*) early (*the horrors!*) contribute to my well being? I think it would cut down on my stress. I would feel more confident in my teaching, in my job, in my life. My apartment would be less cluttered and there would be less piles.

There is a thrill, a rush, a determination in the last-minute scramble, but I know that some things could be better, deeper, richer if I gave them more time. It's a life-long battle and I occasionally make headway. I will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment