Sunday, March 7, 2010

time...

...there is never enough and it is always running away. I feel like Alice's White Rabbit..."I'm late! I'm late!" Time got away from him as it gets away from me. I am in danger of following it down the rabbit hole. Time management has never been a strength of mine. This job of campus minister and service program coordinator means that many of my days are unstructured--and I need to get a lot of things done, but they have ambiguous deadlines. I've found that even if my schedule is more open, my day still comes in 40 minute chunks, a slave to the bells that signal the end of one period and the beginning of the next. As I said earlier this week, I am a great list-maker. So I make lists of all the tasks I must accomplish in a week--I even assign the tasks to a day of the week. Yet, more often than not, the week ends and nothing is crossed off the list!

OK, time to get to bed. In the morning, I make lists! I promise to dedicate more time to this blog this week...to manage my time in a way that allows this blog to get my energy before midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment