Monday, March 1, 2010

Today

Today Lord I choose life,
I choose your love and the challenge to live it and share it,
I choose hope, even in moments of darkness,
I choose faith, accepting you as Lord and God,
I choose to let go of some part of my burdens, day by day handing them over to you,
I choose to take hold of your strength and power ever more deeply in my life.
May this truly be for me a time of new life, of change, challenge and growth.
May I come to Easter with a heart open to dying with you
and rising to your new life, day by day.

Amen.

We wake up each morning with a choice. We get to choose how we will greet the day, how we will meet it's challenges and it's triumphs. It's easy to move through life without thinking about that choice--to wake up bright-eyed on Tuesdays and Fridays and grumpy on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. It is easy to let the events of the day control my mood. I'm going to try to remember that it is a choice--and choose hope, love, faith and life. This season is about moving through life deliberately and consciously, aware of the gift of life we have been given and the responsibility that comes along with that gift. I'll report in on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment