Saturday, March 13, 2010

spring ahead

I don't like this weekend. I lose an hour of my life tonight! An hour of sleep, an hour of cleaning, an hour of lazing on the couch...the horrors! But, it does mean that spring is coming. It has been raining in bucketfuls for the last 36 or so hours in NYC. I am annoyed...there were some beautiful days this week and I was trapped in a stuffy school building and now that I have time, it's cold, wet, and dreary. This rain brings new life though...this rain means that the grey tree branches will burst with green life in a matter of weeks. Central Park, which has grown brown and soggy beneath feet of snow, will be green as the Irish countryside once again.

Spring will bring daylight...more opportunity for afternoon walks in the park, more chances to wander down the East River to Battery Park, more time to explore the many neighborhoods of this tiny, huge city. I'm playing in a basketball league this spring, and taking a photography class.

It is no coincidence that Easter falls in this time of new life--of growth, rebirth, and opportunity. I'm hoping to find some new life of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment